Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Baby Girl Nursery | The Inspiration


As you may have guessed, with Little Love on the way our next home project will be converting the unfinished guest bedroom into a nursery. The last time you heard about this room, I shared my plans of the layout for the room as a guest room, however, the layout will be completely different as will the design, obviously. For a refresher, here is the floor plan I am working with.
Unless you follow me on Instagram, you may be unaware that we had a little flood issue and when I say little I mean huge. All the floors and most baseboards had to be replaced in our entire house, the only area that was not affected was the master suite, THANK GOD. Living through a renovation while pregnant and raising puppies (our female lab had 5 adorable puppies, you can watch videos of their cuteness on my YouTube channel, anyways,) is no fun to say the least.

BUT...

We basically got to remodel our house and choose new floorings throughout the house, fresh paint on all the walls and baseboards (except the master suite). Shortly after our disaster, we also sold everything from the guest bedroom so Little Love's room is a blank slate for us.

The color we chose for the walls, is a very soft subtle pink.
BEHR My Sweetheart
On my computer screen, this color looks more on the beige/tan side but I promise it's pink. At least in our house and lighting, its pink. When we first found out about Little Love, I did NOT want to do the typical pink for a girl or blue for a boy type of thing. I wanted the room to be colorful to help stimulate the baby's interest and eyesight. The very first image I fell across, I fell in love and knew this would be the inspiration for our baby's room no matter the gender.

What I Wore
I loved how the neutral grays and white played so beautifully with all the colors. However, the quilt stood out the most and I immediately began looking for the source which Jessica from What I Wore revealed she made the quilt herself in her Nursery Plans post. I am not any where near that talented so I began my search of finding someone to make one similar for us. At this point, I wanted the binding and backing of our quilt to be blue for a boy and pink for a girl so we waited until our Gender Reveal before I finally submitted a custom order to Melinda at Ink And Thread Quilts. Which our quilt has the pink binding and backing since Little Love is a little girl (ehh I still can't believe, in approx. 3 months I will be momma to a little girl). And that's also when I chose pink for the walls. Once we found out, I couldn't help having the image of having soft pink walls in the nursery.

As of now, we are still waiting on the arrival of our quilt so the room is still bare with the crib mattress on the floor. I hope to have at least the crib area set up before our babyshower at the end of January and depending on what we receive from our registry have the entire nursery finished before March as Little Love is due at the end of March. If time allows, I will share more details of our plans for the nursery before then.
QuickEdit
stormieariel
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @stormieariel