Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Quick Frame Makeover


Remember on this post, I said I was going to try gold leaf on this frame?

Well I did. Kinda. I used Liquid Leaf in gold because that's all I could find at the time. I am not sure if it is the same thing as Gold Leaf since this is my first time using any kind of Leaf. I bought mine at Wal Mart, it was more than I though it would be but than again I was originally planning the Gold Leaf. It was almost five dollars for this little bottle.
The bottle is 0.75 fl. oz.

This project took less than five minutes to complete however I let the frame dry overnight.

I first gathered all my supplies and unassembled (is that a word?) the frame. My supplies were the frame, the liquid leaf, a paint opener (to open the frame), a small paint brush and a board to lay the frame on while I paint it. I would suggest a type of mask because liquid leaf has a very strong smell similar to spray paint and I painted while indoors since it was during the night.


I only had to apply one coat because the liquid comes out pretty thick even with applying small dabs at a time. I think with the frame being painted a type of gold before also helped having to use one coat.

And here is the finished product

For the most part, it looks the same. The biggest difference is there is now a shine to it. The previous paint job looked really dull so I am satisfied with this quick and easy makeover. I am anxious to try out liquid leaf on other things now!

Is there a difference between liquid leaf and regular gold leaf? Are you a fan of liquid leaf? What projects have you completed using liquid leaf?


I am sharing this post at nancherrow, RemodelaholicSerenity Now, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, and Made in a Day.
QuickEdit
stormieariel
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @stormieariel